We are very aware that the demand for appointments is increasing. From the feedback given to us via our patient survey and from our Patient Participation Group we are struggling to meet the demand for pre-bookable appointments. We have been trying to identify a practical solution which will allow us to continue the ethos of the traditional family doctor, which we have been so proud of, balanced against the increasing needs of our patients part of which is seen as increased demand for appointments.
We have decided, for a trial period from 7th January 2019 to increase the proportion of appointments which are available for patients to book online.
• We know that our online services have led to higher levels of convenience and patient
satisfaction when ordering repeat medication, so with this in mind we want to build on this
• We know that patients using our online services have improved communication with us.
• We know from other practices that an online appointment booking service can improve and speed up clinical
response, leading to higher levels of patient satisfaction and enhanced health and wellbeing.
• We believe that using an online service will help relieve some of the administrative workload for the practice staff by reducing patient phone calls. Time released by such efficiencies will enable our administrative staff to support improvements to other aspects of care services, including a better experience for patients – particularly those who still prefer to, or need to visit the practice or use the phone.
• Patients will have anywhere, anytime access – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at home or abroad using any digital device that can access the internet including a mobile phone.
• Patients will be able to check appointment times more easily and for some it will eliminate the need to visit the surgery or pay for a telephone call.
Extended Opening Times
In addition to increasing online appointments we will also be opening the surgery for pre-bookable appointments from 7am on Monday and Friday mornings. Appointments will be available with a doctor, nurse and health care assistant on a Monday and a doctor and a nurse on a Friday. (Please note the phone lines and dispensary will not be open until 8am and patients will not be able to book appointments on the day until 8am).
Our opening times at Acle from 7th January 2019 will be:
Monday 7am – 6:30pm
Tuesday 8am – 6:30pm
Wednesday 8am – 1pm 2pm – 6:30pm
Thursday 8am – 6:30pm
Friday 7am – 6:30pm
Our branch surgery at Reedham will be open to all patients registered at Acle Medical Partnership from the 7th January 2019. Patients will be able to book online to see a doctor at Reedham.
Our opening times at Reedham from 7th January 2019 will be:
Monday 8am – 12:30pm
Tuesday 8am – 12:30pm
Friday 8am – 12:30pm
Same Day Access
Same day access to our Nurse Practitioner and the on-call doctor will remain the same. This also applies to any home visit requests.
Your opinion counts! We understand that no appointment system will suit all our patients. We plan on trialling this system for two months and during this time we will be asking you for feedback. We hope that you will agree that these changes are helping us to provide a better service to all our patients.
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us on:
Telephone: 01493 717796
Or in writing to:
Acle Medical Partnership